Vision & Mission
To develop water transport system to ensure safety, convenience, rapidity and efficiency along with marine
environmental management. Also to promote proper distribution of water transport and expansion of transport
network in order to increase the potential for trade and service competition which will lead to better quality of life
for the people.
1. To enforce the Navigation in Thai Waters Act, Thai Vessels Act, Prevention of Ship Collision Act, Mercatile
Marine Promotion Act and other relevant laws.
2. To conduct the study for the development of water transport infrastructure.
3. To regulate water transport and shipping industry.
4. To cooperate and coordinate with relevant locl and international agencies and organizations in the field of
water transport and shipping industry including agreements and international conventions.
5. To carry out other work entrusted by law or the Ministry of Transport or the Cabinet.
1. Development of water transport infrastructure is one of the key factors to strengthen the economy and
the community in order to establish transport linkages with neighboring countries and logistics.
2. Development of water transport service standards is necessary in order to reduce traffic congestion and
to upgrade the quality of life for the people.
3. Recognition of the safety standards of water transport.
4. The Government has clear-cut policies to develop more efficient public administrative system and
to earn optimum benefits from the investments and the public assets.